Kickstarter Campaign for TogetherFarm Blocks
TogetherFarm Blocks are on schedule for production in early 2014!
The TogetherFarm Blocks campaign on Kickstarter was a huge success. We officially funded. If you missed the preorders on Kickstarter, don’t worry. We will soon be taking preorders for our next round of production. Sign up here to be notified as soon as the preorders open again.
What are TogetherFarm Blocks?
TogetherFarm Blocks are a modular garden box system made from 100% recycled material. They are designed to make gardening easier and more accessible to all. You don’t need any tools or hardware to quickly put together a garden box of any shape or size without cutting or measuring. Whether you are a gardening expert or perhaps looking to build your first raised garden bed, TogetherFarm Blocks are the perfect companion for your next gardening project.
TogetherFarm is taking pre-orders through a Kickstarter Campaign. Kickstarter is a crowd-source funding site – you being the crowd-source and your pledge being the funding. Kickstarter helps startups get new and exciting products to market.
In the News
- PlantXing’s blog: Garden Beds for the Imaginative
- Sunset Magazine’s blog, “Westphoria”: Kickstarter We Love: TogetherFarm Blocks
- Portland’s KGW’s news coverage: Portlander’s Invent Modular Garden Box System
- Portland’s FOX12 news coverage: Portlanders create garden box from recycled plastic
- Seattle’s KING5 news coverage: “Edtior’s Pick”
- SolidSmack article: Stackable Blocks for Modular ‘Anywhere’ Gardens
- Guy Kawasaki’s Tweet: TogetherFarm Blocks
- Katherine Cook’s (KGW) Tweet: I want these!
TogetherFarm Blocks are designed with versatility in mind. You can quickly and easily assemble a garden box in whatever space you have available. Whether you want an “L” shaped box at the corner of your patio, or a “horseshoe” shaped box in your front yard, TogetherFarm Blocks make it possible to build a box of any shape or size. Specially designed holes in the blocks allow you to anchor the blocks to the ground with a stake or add a trellis or a greenhouse cover. If you get tired of a certain garden box shape, take the blocks apart and rebuild them in a new configuration or location. The options are endless.
Kids love it too! These blocks make it easy and fun to involve and educate your kids about where produce comes from and how to grow it.
TogetherFarm Blocks are earth conscious, made of recycled materials that might otherwise end up in a landfill. We are using a local manufacturer and a local supplier so that the blocks don’t have to be shipped half way across the world before they get to your yard. The TogetherFarm Blocks are proudly designed and manufactured entirely in the USA.
- Week of August 19: Kickstarter Campaign Launches!
- August/September: Kickstarter Campaign, Mold design completion
- October/November: Build mold, design product packaging
- December: Begin manufacturing first run of 10″ blocks, finalize product packaging
- January/February 2014: Ship TogetherFarm Blocks to backers
We have completed the final design stage and are ready to begin the tooling and manufacturing phase. We have a mold maker ready to build TogetherFarm Blocks’ Mold and a manufacturer ready to begin producing the blocks after the mold is made. All we need is your pledge to help us get through these final steps.
TogetherFarm Blocks will be MADE IN THE USA:
- Our product design company, Self Aware Design, is based here in Portland, Oregon and provided expert product engineering guidance as we painstakingly worked through numerous design iterations.
- Our product mold will be built by Weissert Tool and Design in Vancouver, Washington. Weissert brings years of experience and helped us understand how to get the very best mold for our dollar without compromising quality.
- Our manufacturer, ABC Plastics in Vancouver, Washington, is a short 15-minute drive from our homes. They have played a key role in our manufacturing education and helped us select the right materials and manufacturing process to keep costs down and quality high.