FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kickstarter Campaign Aims to Turn Plastic Into Produce
TogetherFarm Blocks™ are a modular garden box system made from 100% recycled materials designed to make gardening more accessible to all.
PORTLAND, Ore., Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — TogetherFarm, LLC., a Portland based startup with a passion for bringing people and produce together, has launched a Kickstarter Campaign to bring TogetherFarm Blocks™ to market. With an elegant design that is packed full of features, these lightweight, interlocking blocks empower more people to take back their food by growing produce in their own raised garden beds.
Raised garden beds solve an age old farming problem of poor soil conditions and short growing seasons. However, many people don’t have a vehicle to haul the lumber, or the necessary tools and know-how to build a garden box. TogetherFarm Blocks change all this. They are easily assembled to make any size or shape garden box without tools, big trucks, or special expertise. “The blocks don’t require measuring or cutting and you can haul them in the back of your Mini Cooper if you want. It’s almost as easy as ‘just add water’,” says TogetherFarm co-founder, Doug Holcomb.
Each block is made from recycled plastic that is BPA- and Phthalate-Free. They are durable and UV resistant allowing for many years of use. The blocks are made in the USA in order to contribute to the local economy and ensure high quality manufacturing.
In a world where people are increasingly disconnected from their food sources, TogetherFarm Blocks provide a way for people to rediscover how food grows and experience the delicious taste of homegrown produce. The blocks are fun to put together and are a great way to involve kids in the entire gardening experience.
“With rising demand for growing produce at home, Kickstarter backer contributions will help fund the necessary mold and tooling costs to bring TogetherFarm Blocks to life,” co-founder, Matt Stormont said. “We can’t wait to get these blocks into people’s hands and into their yards so that more people will have access to homegrown produce!”
The TogetherFarm Team has extensive plans to build on the original blocks with additional accessories. The entire system, called The Connector Series, will provide complete gardening solutions, from green house covers to trellises to integrated clips for watering systems. “The options are endless,” says Joe Aakre, the third co-founder at TogetherFarm. “When you have a modular system that clips together, you can add on anything you want. We plan to build out the most comprehensive gardening system on the market with each new accessory being fully compatible with the entire Connector Series.”
TogetherFarm has set a target goal of $75,000 to raise by September 23, 2013. Anyone can support the Kickstarter campaign for TogetherFarm Blocks starting at $1 with pledge levels of $35 or more giving backers the first access to a set of blocks for their own yards. Those contributing at the $2000+ level will join the inventor’s circle and gain access to new product testing and pre-release availability. Visit TogetherFarm’s Kickstarter page for more information and to pledge towards TogetherFarm Blocks:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/togetherfarm/turning-plastic-into-produce-togetherfarm-blocks
Key features of TogetherFarm Blocks include the following:
• INTERLOCKING BLOCKS, NO TOOLS REQUIRED – All of the blocks snap together without any tools required for assembly. As rows of blocks are added, the box is strengthened by alternating seams and connected corners.
• INTEGRATED TRELLIS/STAKE HOLES – The entire block system is built for the gardener in mind with 3/8″ diameter holes running vertically down each section of the blocks. These holes can be used to stake the box to the ground, add reinforcement for retaining wall applications, add flexible tubing overlaid with clear plastic for a cold-frame, and insert trellises to support the growing vegetable plants.
• ADDITIONAL HOLES FOR SCREWS – Holes for ordinary deck screws are built in to the flower top design of each block on 2 inch centers. The blocks can be secured to each other or to a wooden platform or base. The screw holes have many other applications including securing landscape fabric to the box system to block weeds
• ANY SIZE, ANY SHAPE, ANY DEPTH CAPABILITY – Because of the modular design, these garden boxes can be built in any shape or size required. For the space on the side of your house, the blocks can be built as a 2 foot wide box that is 10 feet long. For your back patio, the blocks can be built in an ‘L’ shape to wrap around the corner. The options are as endless as your imagination.
• PORTABILITY AND RECONFIGURATION – At any point in time, the blocks can be reconfigured for new needs in the yard. In addition, the blocks can be easily disassembled and taken along when moving to a new house – no need to reinvest in a whole new set of garden boxes.
• EXPANSION ACCESSORIES – As TogetherFarm releases additional accessories, all future add-ons will be compatible with the existing garden block system.
• BPA- AND PHTHALATE-FREE – Rest assured that the blocks will not leach harmful chemicals into the soil ensuring that your growing plants are fully organic.
• LONG-LASTING DURABILITY – A UV protective coating will be applied during the manufacturing process to reduce the breakdown of the plastic over time. Each set of blocks will give many years of use. Because the blocks are made from 100% recycled plastic, they will withstand termites, rotting, and other common causes of garden box failure. The block walls are reinforced with ribbing to prevent bending and buckling.
• MULTICOLOR – The standard blocks will come in an earth tone brown but gardeners can select from 4 additional colors (earth tone blue, orange, green, and beige) to add extra flare to their garden boxes.
Suggested Tweet and Facebook Share
TogetherFarm Blocks on Kickstarter – a modular garden box system that is easy to build and good for the environment.http://kck.st/19FfMYJ
About TogetherFarm, LLC.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, TogetherFarm exists to create and promote opportunities and products for communities to grow, share and donate produce through sustainable backyard gardening and farming.
SOURCE TogetherFarm, LLC
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://youtu.be/Y1oI4f2KN64
Media Contact: Matt Stormont, TogetherFarm, LLC, 503.208.5170, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE TogetherFarm, LLC
What the Press is saying about Togetherfarm Blocks
– Sunset Magazine’s blog, “Westphoria”: Kickstarter We Love: TogetherFarm Blocks
– Portland’s KGW’s news coverage: Portlander’s Invent Modular Garden Box System
– Portland’s FOX12 news coverage: Portlanders create garden box from recycled plastic
– Seattle’s KING5 news coverage: “Edtior’s Pick”
– SolidSmack article: Stackable Blocks for Modular ‘Anywhere’ Gardens
– Guy Kawasaki’s Tweet: TogetherFarm Blocks
– Katherine Cook’s (KGW) Tweet: I want these!
-Inhabitat: Build Your Own Green Garden with Togetherfarm’s Recycled Plastic Building Blocks.
-HomeTalk: Togetherfarm Blocks=Raised Beds for Gardening
4,433 total views, 2 views today